Saturday, July 19, 2014

Rain

It rained where I am recently, so I thought I might as well do a post on it. When I say it rained, I mean it pour. It was a torrential down pour. There was small ponds cropping up all over the place and there was a spot out side of my side door that must have been a foot deep and going several feet in more than one direction. My house is in a bowl and I don't think the ground absorbs water very well so even not too much rain can cause flooding for me. Anyways, I like bathing and I like swimming so I don't mind a little rain. It's when it gets to the point were my sneckers would be ruined within 5 minutes because they would be fully underwater is the problem. I was going to get my mail with all this water outside, which was a problem. So I, quite literally, put on my bikini to go down to get my mail. And I put on a pair of purple boots. By the way, my mail is on the other side of the street I'm on. So, I open the door and step outside. The water was so deep that it went over my boots and filled them up. I wish I had taken my socks off before going outside. When I got back in my socks were r e a l l y hard to get off because they were so wet. Well I went down my driveway and crossed the road, no cars went by on my way down. I check the mail. I have several messages. However, I don't want to take them out because they'ld get ruined in the rain so I decided maybe I should get them tomarrow. I shut the mail box and grab my paper "The Denver Post" which is in a plastic bag. I thought about how I was getting the paper so it wasn't a complete waist of trip. Just than a big truck drove by a splashed me with a large wave of water which almost knocked me over. Although the water didn't make me any wetter as I was already drenched. At least this is the summer so the atmosphere was warm and the water wasn't fridged. I was wearing my bikini so the water wasn't too bad. Though, I was slightly annoyed that my boots weren't doing anything because the water had gone over my them and then they were full. My driveway wasn't holding any water because that piece of my yard is sort of flat and not a hole. I recrossed the room and went inside. I dropped the paper on the ground. I opened the door and took off both my boots and dumped the water outside. I shut the door. As I mentioned early, I had to fight really hard to get my socks off. Then I took off my bikini and through it in the laundry. Well, rain isn't too much of a problem for me, but I can have too much of it. But going down to get my mail gave me a free shower. Who can beat that?

No comments:

Post a Comment